Direction générale

The town manager – the office and the treasury

The Directeur général is the communication link between the council, the various municipal departments, commissions, and committees. He or she plans, coordinates and organizes the actions required to follow up on the council’s priorities and objectives.

Its main responsibilities are:

As the secretary of the municipality, he or she is in charge of all the legal aspects regarding the Municipality.

Its main tasks are:

Its responsibilities are:

This Department administers all computing equipment, and is also responsible for providing information pertaining to taxation and municipal real estate appraisal.

To read the Code of ethics and good conduct for the employees of the Municipality of Morin-Heights, click here.


This section contains useful information regarding tax rates and terms of payment.

See details...

Real property transfer tax

According to An Act respecting duties on transfer of immovables, every Municipality in the province must collect duties on the transfer of any immovable property.

See details...

Real estate evaluation

Real estate evaluation falls under the jurisdiction of the Municipalité Régionale de Comté (MRC), according to An Act concerning Municipal Taxation. The MRC des-Pays-d’en-Haut has mandated Évimbec, a firm of accredited appraisers.

See details.

Financial information

A municipality is governed by Laws and By-laws enacted by the Quebec government. All financial documents are prepared and submitted to the Ministère des Affaires Municipales et Régions.

See details...

Access to documents held by Public bodies

A person has the right to access documents, except for certain documents which are not meant to be for public consultation.

See details...

Municipal Court

Jurisdiction of the Municipal Court
The Ste-Adèle Municipal Court has jurisdiction over Morin-Heights.

See details...

Claims and civil remedies

If you claim having suffered any damages following an incident for which you wish to claim to the Municipality, you must submitt a writtten requet to the municipal Director General at the Municipality.

See details...
Print  |  Back  |  Home