Here is useful information concerning taxes and terms of payment.
It is very important to advise us in writing of any change of mailing address promptly, by completing ad returning the change of address form to avoid being late and having to pay interests.
Tax rate 2017
Real estate taxes - Rate per $100 of evaluation
|Basic rate operations
|Sûreté du Québec
Plus taxes on services, per unit of evaluation, if applicable
|Waste & recycling collection
|Residential drinking water supply (waterworks)
|Water tax for pool owners on a municipal water system
Click here to co consult the 2017 Taxation by-law
4 Installments 2017
- March 15th, 2017
- May 24th, 2017
- August 2nd 2017
- October 11th, 2017
Methods of payment
- Tax payments can be made via the Internet, at the participating financial institutions listed below. Consult your financial institution,
- To pay your taxes by Internet you’ll need the registration number printed on the coupons at the bottom of your tax bill. Please note that some financial institutions require the first 10 digits while others need the series of 18 digits.
- Money orders as well as post-dated cheques are accepted.
- Cheques must be made to Municipality of Morin-Heights and sent by mail with the detachable coupons to:
Municipality of Morin-Heights
567 Village Rd.
Morin-Heights (Quebec) J0R 1H0
- The Municipality will charge $25 for each returned cheque.
At the Town Hall
- At the counter during regular office hours:
- from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 12:00 p.m. and from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Payments can be dropped off in our locked mail box, located at the entrance of the Town Hall, at all times.
- Methods of payment accepted: INTERAC (debit card), cheque or cash
- Receipts will be issued for cash payments only; no receipts will be issued for payments made by cheque, money order or via Internet.
At your Financial institution
- Some financial institutions accept payments for tax bills at their counters and automatic teller machines. Contact your financial institution for details
Reminder notice for deadlines
- Only one reminder notice will be sent by the Municipality regarding tax bills at the end of the year. Please make a note of the due dates to respect deadlines and avoid interest charges.
Paying your taxes
We invite you to make your tax payments by Internet
- Tax payments can be made via Internet banking at participating financial institutions.
- Simply add: MUNICIPALITÉ DE MORIN-HEIGHTS as a payee.
- Then, enter your registration (matricule) number located on the payment stubs at the bottom of your tax bill.
Please note that some financial institutions require the first 10 digits while others need the series of 18 digits.